Re: [Shop-talk] replacement windows

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] replacement windows
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:32:07 -0500
Not everyone knows this, but the term "replacement windows" has a
particular meaning.  Not everyone who replaces windows uses
replacement windows.  Replacement windows are designed to be
installed inside the opening of the existing window.  The existing
trim, sills and sashes are left in place.  The advantage of this is
that a lot less work is involved.  Interior trim and exterior siding
are not disturbed.  The disadvantage is that the opening part of the
window is now smaller, because the whole assembly fits inside the
previous opening.  This is easier to understand when looking at
them.  Anyway, if you know all of this, I am sorry for making
you  read through the refresher course.  I once got a free window air
conditioner because someone installed replacement windows, and it no
longer fit in the opening.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net