[Shop-talk] Truck instrument cluster, dash, and parking lights died

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Truck instrument cluster, dash, and parking lights died
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:32:32 -0500
I'm asking here because you guys probably know more than anyone on an
enthusiast site (and I searched those sites and got no answers).

I've got a 2004 F-250 Super Duty (diesel).

I just took out the OEM radio and replaced it with an aftermarket Pioneer
unit. I bought an the Metra harness adapter and wired it up according to
instructions.

Everything worked fine...for about a day or two. Then the dash lights went
out, along with the dimming function of the radio (so headlights on the
radio should dim. It did...then it quit). And the speedometer cluster and
the HVAC cluster lights are gone.

Then a few days later, the running lights quit working. So when I turn on
the lights in the truck, the headlights come on, but not the 'driving'
lights, including the rear lights. The brake lights illuminate when the
pedal's pushed, but not the running lights when just the lights are on.

Googling suggested replacing the headlight switch. I did, no fix. I checked
the fuses shown for running lights and they're good.

I for nothing after that, and I'm not sure where to go from there. But I'll
bet you guys know. Any help?

Thanks.

Scott