Re: [Shop-talk] Garden hose reel/caddy

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden hose reel/caddy
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015, Darrell Walker wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a garden hose reel/caddy that might last
> more than a couple of years?  They all start to leak around the connection
> that lets the reel turn while still supplying water.  Ibve been by the big
> box stores, and they appear to be more cheaply made every year.  It seems like
> the reel ought to last as long as the hose, this hose is going on 20 years,
> but it is the third reel.  They are always drained before it freezes, so that
> isnbt it.

    I was in that boat last year, or the year before.  Eley was recommended
to me.

<http://www.eleyhosereels.com/select-your-hose-reel/reels/>

    Admittedly, I have not had it long enough to judge, but the one I have
is definitely built and finished to a higher standard than Home Depot
units.

--
  David Hillman