[Shop-talk] Problems with mower and oil light

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Problems with mower and oil light
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:50:06 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 05/03/2015 12:50:07, Serialize complete at 05/03/2015 12:50:07
I have a zero turn mower that has a 24HP Kolher motor.  I use it to plow
snow with no problems.  I just tried to cut grass with it yesterday after
not using the mower attachment for the past 10 years or so.

After about 10 mins or so, the oil light comes on.  When the engine is
cold, the oil level is at the MAX level.  If I drop the RPMs to idle, the
light flickers off.  Again, I don't have this problem when the mower is
used in the winter.

Do I need to change my oil weight?  If so, to what?    Or is there another
problem I'm missing.

The mower is a 80'v vintage Husler 275 and manuals are not available.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson