Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor--really worth the extra money?

To: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air compressor--really worth the extra money?
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:46:52 -0400
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Howdy,

I've back to backed the 5hp HF against my Champion 5hp unit.  The champion
is better in every way.  Quieter & more air.  But... its about double the
cost so it damn well better be!  I got the HF first and had a failure with
the pressure switch during the break in process.  I got freaked by that a
bit and took it back, then got the Champion (I'm local to TP Tools, so this
was pretty easy).  You guessed it, the Champion had the same pressure
switch, near as I could tell.  :-)

Last I knew, the HF unit actually was the only product with USA-made
components at HF.

Anyway, hindsight and all... I have a little more peace of mind with the
Champion (and yes, I bought it with the intention of willing it to my son),
but I continue to recommend the HF to folks shopping on a budget.  I think
its a good compressor and the extra $600 or whatever in your pocket can buy
you a lot of cool tools.

Mark