Re: [Shop-talk] network mechanics

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] network mechanics
From: Jack Brooks <JIBrooks@Live.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:51:50 -0700
Matt,

I am no expert, but I was working through the same issue, as I had another
router (/Belkin) lying around.  What I determined, with their tech support,
was that you can program the second router with the same SSID/password, but
when you are connected to one router and move to another area, your device
will likely "hold onto" the first router as the signal gets weaker and
weaker until the signal is lost.  It will then seek and find the closer
router.

The path they suggested was to purchase a range extender instead.  I chose
not to do this, as I was looking to use the spare equipment to improve the
marginal signal in one small area and it was not worth the money to buy a
new device.

I am sure someone with real knowledge will chime in shortly,

Jack