Re: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:56:37 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)

If you can't find want you want, make a point of checking on the
battery requirements of the digital model.  I find that infrequently
used items that require a couple of AA cells are not so bad.  It is
the ones with the hard to find mystery cells that require a search
all over town that are a pain.

That's one of my complaints with the rechargeable tools available
today.  As years go by they stop holding a charge and the batteries
get hard to find or it just stops being cost effective.  Meanwhile, I
have plug-in tools that my father bought 50 years ago and they still
work fine.

So there.  Now we both sound old.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

At 06:55 AM 12/26/2015, eric@megageek.com wrote:
>I need a pallet jack with a built in scale.  The problem is that it
>seems every single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been
>removed from the earth.
>I don't want another battery to have to make sure is charged the few
>times a year I need it.  I'm also willing to pay real money (if needed).

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)

If you can't find want you want, make a point of checking on the battery
requirements of the digital model.&nbsp; I find that infrequently used
items that require a couple of AA cells are not so bad.&nbsp; It is the
ones with the hard to find mystery cells that require a search all over
town that are a pain.&nbsp; <br><br>
That's one of my complaints with the rechargeable tools available
today.&nbsp; As years go by they stop holding a charge and the batteries
get hard to find or it just stops being cost effective.&nbsp; Meanwhile,
I have plug-in tools that my father bought 50 years ago and they still
work fine.&nbsp; <br><br>
So there.&nbsp; Now we both sound old.  <br><br>
-Steve Trovato<br>
strovato@optonline.net<br><br>
At 06:55 AM 12/26/2015, eric@megageek.com wrote:<br>
jack with a built in scale.&nbsp; The problem is that it seems every
single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been removed from the
earth.</font> <br>
the few times a year I need it.&nbsp; I'm also willing to pay real money

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)--

--===============5432741079415344596==

--===============5432741079415344596==--