Re: [Shop-talk] water heater anode revisited

To: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heater anode revisited
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 20:44:04 -0500
Tim,

Well, first I'll repeat my earlier advice.  Call the customer service
800 number.  Beyond that, how old is this water heater?  There is
usually a date on a plate somewhere.  Sometimes you are better
leaving well enough alone and just replacing the heater when it
fails.  I know there are benefits to maintaining a good anode.  You
just don't want your good intentions to result in having to replace
the water heater now.  Ultimately it is a judgment call based on what
you are seeing and how much risk you want to take.

-Steve