Re: [Shop-talk] Wooden deck restoration paints

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wooden deck restoration paints
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 02:23:31 GMT
Full-name: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
--===============1705938514655604989==

----__JWM__J57b4f3f0.1e5ec0a6S.670a85c3M

Jim, I haven't personally tried the wood coating products but a good fri=
end who has lots of experience and who I trust used it and was not the l=
east bit pleased after the task.  He said he had to do multiple coats an=
d the coverage wasn't even close to what was advertised. By the time he =
was done he could have almost bought new deck boards.  He said it was th=
e consistency of peanut butter and wished he had simply redecked.  This =
was several years ago, right as these types of products came out.  Just =
last week we were talking and he said that he had changed his view becau=
se the product was still holding up very nicely and that he thought that=
 they have refined their formulation to make application a little easier=
. I too am looking at getting a little more time out of a deck, I think =
I am going to try flipping the existing boards.  If the bottom surface i=
sn't better, I will simply redeck. Good luck and let us know how it turn=
s out. Matt  =