[Shop-talk] Dye-ing stainless steel

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Dye-ing stainless steel
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 15:53:33 -0500

--001a11400e765604150536993043

My wife asked for a monogrammed Yeti cup--you know, those stainless steel
cups that keep ice cool forever.

Got the cup, had it monogrammed. I am a hero.

Monogram is so 'shallow' into the stainless that it's almost impossible to
see. You can catch your fingernail on it, but just barely.

I was going to have at it with a Sharpie, then wipe off the excess, but I
don't know if that'll do it--if it wipes off the surrounding metal, why
won't it wipe off the engraved part, too? I doubt the cut is deep enough to
hold paint, but I might try that.

Thought you guys might have advice on how to get this to stand out.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

--001a11400e765604150536993043

 so &#39;shallow&#39; into the stainless that it&#39;s almost impossible to=
/div><div>I was going to have at it with a Sharpie, then wipe off the exces=
s, but I don&#39;t know if that&#39;ll do it--if it wipes off the surroundi=
ng metal, why won&#39;t it wipe off the engraved part, too? I doubt the cut=
iv>Thought you guys might have advice on how to get this to stand out.</div=

--001a11400e765604150536993043--

--===============0082614067940876816==

--===============0082614067940876816==--