Re: [Shop-talk] SLATWALL

To: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] SLATWALL
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:32:25 -0400
I have slatwall on one half of my garage and am planning on installing
it on the other half. It's a super flexible storage solution with a near
infinite variety of hangers for any type of item. Mine has metal inserts
in the grooves to make it a little tougher to tear out a hanger, should
it receive a shock.

Essentially the drywall got in the way of my installation. Would been
easier to install directly on the studs. Assuming your fire codes permit it.

The only downside so far is the cheap hangers sometimes pop out of the
wall when you are unloading them. A minor inconvenience.

Jon