Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer storage idea

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer storage idea
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:44:57 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Eric,

I don't know the details of how the trailer is maneuvered with the
forklift, but we had a "walker" for our travel trailer to fit it into
a tight storage spot.  I can't find a picture, but it was like two
upside-down soup bowls connected on the top (bottom of the "bowl") by
square tubing.  In the middle of the square tubing was a hitch ball.
A long pole fit in one end of the tubing.  By manipulating the pole,
you could walk the two bowl "feet" and maneuver the trailer.

And then there's the two-wheel gadgets, like this:
http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessories/MaxxTow/MT70225.html

Still need to go to all that trouble?  Can you stick one corner where
it will end up, put a jack stand under it, and use a jack on the other
end to swing it in place?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.