[Shop-talk] Creating plans for maximizing material use with limited wast

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Creating plans for maximizing material use with limited waste.
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:34:35 -0400 10/16/2018 09:34:46 AM, Serialize complete at 10/16/2018 09:34:46 AM
--===============1987819002360523653==

--=_alternative 004A931C85258328_=

This is shop related, but more wood shop, so if that is a problem, please
just pretend that I am speaking of sheet metal for fenders instead of
plywood.

Here is the problem.  I need to build about 10 to 20 nesting boxes for the
local wildlife rescue.  These boxes aren't big or difficult to build
(about 12" X 20" X 12")

My question is, does anyone know of a website that will help you plan how
to layout materials on sheet goods to reduce waste?  I'm not sure I'm
explaining this well.  But a way to position each panel that needs to be
cut so that I use the most material available with the least about of
waste?

I also have a little flexibility in the dimensions, so if it is possible
to try a bunch of different sizes easily to see what yields the most boxes
for least amount of raw material.

Thanks,  me and the baby animals thank you.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 004A931C85258328_=

so if that is a problem, please just pretend that I am speaking of sheet
metal for fenders instead of plywood.</font>
build about 10 to 20 nesting boxes for the local wildlife rescue. &nbsp;These
boxes aren't big or difficult to build (about 12&quot; X 20&quot; X
12&quot;)</font>
a website that will help you plan how to layout materials on sheet goods
to reduce waste? &nbsp;I'm not sure I'm explaining this well. &nbsp;But
a way to position each panel that needs to be cut so that I use the most
material available with the least about of waste? </font>
the dimensions, so if it is possible to try a bunch of different sizes
easily to see what yields the most boxes for least amount of raw
material.</font>
thank you.<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============1987819002360523653==--