Re: [Shop-talk] DIY Wireless Home Security Systems . . .

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] DIY Wireless Home Security Systems . . .
From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 15:38:01 -0400
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Karl Vacek via Shop-talk
<shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> If thereâ??s a way to buy standard components nowadays without being a
> â??professionalâ??  (ahem), and thereâ??s a good monitoring plan available
> for a self-installed system, that might be better

My local Elctric Co-op has a security monitoring business that can
work with your installed system, or one you install.  Also has
components similar to the system you mentioned, with wireless
real-time access to cameras, etc.  $17 a month without a contract.

We may be lucky around here, but we do have competition, which means choices.