Re: [Shop-talk] GMC front suspension refresh

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GMC front suspension refresh
From: John Miller via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 09:07:31 -0700
On 5/2/2019 5:25 AM, John Mitchell via Shop-talk wrote:
> I have a 2005 GMC Sierra Denali that I have owned since new. It's AWD
> and has 117,000 miles.?? The front end is not as tight as I would like
> and I wanted to refresh the front end.?? I've seen the kits from various
> manufacturers that include ball joints, A-arms, etc.?? I've researched
> them online and most appear to be junk. Even Moog doesn't have the
> reputation it once had.?? Should I bite the bullet and buy individual
> AC/Delco parts and which ones, or is there a decent manufacturer of
> suspension parts out there. Thanks?????????????? John?????? Shelton, CT

Let's see, I've got a 2003 Suburban 2500 4x4 and a 2002 Silverado 2500
2WD diesel, for some reason the GMT800 seems to suit me...

Both are substantially original, they both have Bilsteins, the Suburban
got a couple new front wheel bearings and new sway-bar end links.  They
have these little bumpstops/auxiliary rubber springs/whatever that die
routinely (the truck needs them now) and the steering intermediate shaft
is renowned for developing a knocking knoise (the Silverado's was
replaced before I got it and is quiet now, I have the part to do the
Suburban on the shelf but just haven't gotten to it, that one has the
adjustable pedals and apparently it's a bit more of a PITA on those.)

I've been happy enough with Moog parts but bear in mind that it looks
like everyone (including ACDelco) these days has a cheap-line and an
OEM-grade line.

John.