[Shop-talk] Saving steel panels

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net> definitions=2019-05-20_06:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=361 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1812120000 definitions=main-1905200087
Subject: [Shop-talk] Saving steel panels
From: Pat Horne via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 07:56:33 -0500
I had a fire in my shop. Now that the shop is getting back in shape I am
looking at saving some of the contents.

I have a new hood for my â??67 Datsun that was in the shop. It didnâ??t get
fire damage but was smoked up badly. Over time it has developed surface rust
from the acidic smoke. Is there a way to remove the rust from the hidden areas
which I canâ??t get to, or should I just try to find another one? I know there
is a process for lightening panels for race cars using acid but longevity is
not a requirement in this process.

I would rather take it to someone to do it rather than doing it myself but will
consider doing it if isnâ??t too much trouble.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity