Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing fun

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing fun
From: Peter Murray via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:47:44 -0400

--0000000000005b11d9058eecf608

Looks more like something my kids would do, stuffing peanut butter and
chocolate pieces in there - though, honestly, they'd eat that and stuff
play-dough in there instead.

I hear PEX is awesome, and you can run it like network cable. Fortunately,
I haven't had to replumb my house yet. I hope the "city conditioner" I put
in several years ago helps to keep the aquatic plaque away.

-Peter

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 4:49 PM Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> So I replaced the old, leaking valve and union with new bits. This is
> the feed to the outside front hose faucet.  Managed to wiggle it all
> just right to get it to fit and tighten up properly.  Turn on the valve
> and start getting wet.  The new parts aren't leaking, it is the old
> joint at the union at the wall, that skanky looking bit with the dark
> discoloration.  Guess the wiggling around disturbed it to the point of
> failing.
>
> I'm thinking of replacing the pipes between the new valve and the
> leaking union with a short of piece of flexible hose, like maybe a
> washing machine fill hose, or something similar.  Of course, access is
> going to be a pain, will need to dig out the saw and start whacking away
> more old sheetrock first.
>
> What fun.
>
> Of course, the REAL fix is to replumb the entire house, I'm sure a LOT
> of the pipe look like the inside of the old valve I removed.
>
> mjb.

--0000000000005b11d9058eecf608

t butter and chocolate pieces in there - though, honestly, they&#39;d eat t=
 awesome, and you can run it like network cable. Fortunately, I haven&#39;t=
 had to replumb my house yet. I hope the &quot;city conditioner&quot; I put=
" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 4:49 PM Mark J Bradakis via =
Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";>shop-talk@autox.t=
margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;bord=
er-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">So I replaced the old, lea=
king valve and union with new bits. This is <br>
the feed to the outside front hose faucet.=C2=A0 Managed to wiggle it all <=
br>
just right to get it to fit and tighten up properly.=C2=A0 Turn on the valv=
e <br>
and start getting wet.=C2=A0 The new parts aren&#39;t leaking, it is the ol=
d <br>
joint at the union at the wall, that skanky looking bit with the dark <br>
discoloration.=C2=A0 Guess the wiggling around disturbed it to the point of=
failing.<br>
I&#39;m thinking of replacing the pipes between the new valve and the <br>
leaking union with a short of piece of flexible hose, like maybe a <br>
washing machine fill hose, or something similar.=C2=A0 Of course, access is=
going to be a pain, will need to dig out the saw and start whacking away <b=
r>
more old sheetrock first.<br>
What fun.<br>
Of course, the REAL fix is to replumb the entire house, I&#39;m sure a LOT =
of the pipe look like the inside of the old valve I removed.<br>
mjb.<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=