Re: [Shop-talk] Grease fittings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Grease fittings
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 20:51:07 -0700

--------------E19B8FDBB2457E7FEAF0BC93

Here's a possible solution:

https://locknlube.com/products/locknlube-grease-coupler?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6aGr8vap5QIVltJkCh0oSg7HEAQYASABEgKmzvD_BwE

I've never used one, so can't vouch for sure, but looks like it would
work.  Cheap Chinese knock-offs are available as well.  I've found that
couplers that grasp the nipple really well are sometimes difficult to
uncouple.

Bob

On 10/19/2019 8:35 PM, Scott Hall via Shop-talk wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I don't have an answer, but I'd like to know as well--my lawnmower
> grease fittings have the same problem.
>
> Scott
>
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019, 10:23 PM Robert Nogueirao via Shop-talk
>

>     My car, a Morgan, needs to have the front suspension greased every
>     500 miles or so (hey it was designed in 1918 so what do you
>     expect).  The problem I have is every time I grease them I spend
>     an hour fighting to get the grease to go into the nipple. I always
>     end up with gobs of grease leaking out around the nipple.
>     I tried changing the nipples but no joy with that.
>     Any suggestions for a fix or the name of a really good fitting for
>     the end of the gun that will seal and hold on to the nipple?
>     Bob Nogueira

--------------E19B8FDBB2457E7FEAF0BC93

  <head>
  </head>
    Here's a possible solution:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://locknlube.com/products/locknlube-grease-coupler?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6aGr8vap5QIVltJkCh0oSg7HEAQYASABEgKmzvD_BwE";>https://locknlube.com/products/locknlube-grease-coupler?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6aGr8vap5QIVltJkCh0oSg7HEAQYASABEgKmzvD_BwE</a><br>
    I've never used one, so can't vouch for sure, but looks like it
    would work.  Cheap Chinese knock-offs are available as well.  I've
    found that couplers that grasp the nipple really well are sometimes
    difficult to uncouple.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAK73_u6r7pBfeXsTcgSaGi_gmtcQ20=k=5SyaXYkdhV_Rkm3uQ@mail.gmail.com">
          well--my lawnmower grease fittings have the same problem.  </div>
          Robert Nogueirao via Shop-talk &lt;<a
            href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true">shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
          My car, a Morgan, needs to have the front suspension greased
          every 500 miles or so (hey it was designed in 1918 so what do
          you expect).  The problem I have is every time I grease them I
          spend an hour fighting to get the grease to go into the
          nipple. I always end up with gobs of grease leaking out around
          the nipple. <br>
          I tried changing the nipples but no joy with that.<br>
          Any suggestions for a fix or the name of a really good fitting
          for the end of the gun that will seal and hold on to the
          nipple?<br>
          Bob Nogueira <br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>