Re: [Shop-talk] I need IPhone 6s help

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I need IPhone 6s help
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:26:25 -0800
Cc: 'Shop-talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> If you have backed up all the pictures and other content you
> have created, consider doing a factory reset. It is a good
> way to clear the various corruptions that develop over time,
> and will likely yield improved performance.

FWIW, on my Android phone, I discovered that many "free" apps appear to grab
part of the flash space, and deliberately hide it.  I was trying to do a
hard backup to my PC in preparation for an operating system change (the
version of Android that came on my phone is no longer supported), and those
files kept showing up as "could not be read" during the transfer process.
Deleting the associated app did delete the files, and freed up more space
than the app was supposedly using.

IOW, I agree with Peter's suggestion; except that I think the "corruption"
is deliberate, by apps that are engaged in spying on you.  There seems to be
no other reason a game would need hidden files.

Randall