Re: [Shop-talk] Rainwater storage/runoff mitigation - shop video

To: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>, Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rainwater storage/runoff mitigation - shop video
From: nick brearley via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:46:43 +0100
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.zohomail.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nick@landform.co.uk; dmarc=pass header.from=<nick@landform.co.uk> header.from=<nick@landform.co.uk> s=zoho; d=landform.co.uk; i=nick@landform.co.uk; h=Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type; bh=AiZhoF8qOveXolce5PTpDSjW3RjYMWOmwuQ8KfD1c8M=; b=am+yreuaGRMam3WNYldTZ3JX1H5R/ktzu5Lzj26uyYF8DG5oCnMDFcLuFsxJ2oT7 1ierjcJ3uVw941EsuYd0bLRxUa/OSfZMrTEN2K8TF0jYUu0k9DVIV1shJietiob2Xd7 NyIqvI+8tWOnp5c9T3ZmI8QhGoLAS9hsOxQz2NfA=
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zohomail.com; s=zohoarc; t=1588232808; h=Content-Type:Date:From:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Message-ID:References:Subject:To; bh=AiZhoF8qOveXolce5PTpDSjW3RjYMWOmwuQ8KfD1c8M=; b=crbFIqrU80yfOlgIb/d/ARzpzn9L1WN1aIPm4q6uAsonW0Vx/Hnpxzh+4DgPyM0bYZ5GnachW6z3Nw0GL48BwTxNH3/5uIAFyzuzngsDh9qXQemjEcABEM+dQI8msClM4oUFkDjJVrIC4BnAAwCT3TCCWJl2EeR7LvIiGXNlCAA=
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1588232808; cv=none; d=zohomail.com; s=zohoarc; b=JZmFdX79QsT+xR+YEDpF+6BaBbmXLdHRE9ctdfrhc3bE3BjCRHH0X01OxWBbPmQJhDjTj9jNk6Ft6jqok4K6WokkjK/Ic6NnW9WI5U1ben/nmpsnUn3CV1e1sjep2NU2hJgmT4VFnY9FDBfoGomyOQ7tNcso2Y9yzSGUMCLIS8Y=

--------------D49B1015AF598EA6467141EF

Thanks,

That is 19 minutes well spent. What makes it particularly relevant for
me is that I've got a tank of similar dimensions that has been kicking
round the field since the 90's and I've just started clearing ground to
install it to catch rainwater from a tractor shed. Not that we
particularly need water in the UK, but it's been in the way for so long
that it had better start earning its keep.

So many nice points in there, the use of the ladder as a lever was
brilliant. The only difference I'll make is to put it on a concrete slab
rather than plywood. The thought of trying to replace the plywood when
the tank is full is not appealing...

2.7m views. Quite a tribute to the quality of the presentation.

Nick Brearley

On 29/04/2020 22:02, Peter Murray via Shop-talk wrote:
> This struck me as a cool way to document projects, as well as share
> ideas and methodology. How many of you produce videos from projects
> you do in YOUR shop?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMbhmna2iI
>
> I do have video from various projects - I suppose I should fire up
> iMovie and make them watchable.
>
> But really - I'm mostly jealous of that really nice shop he has,
> though it is clearly too small (though much larger than what I have now).
>
> -Peter

--------------D49B1015AF598EA6467141EF

  <head>
  </head>
      relevant for me is that I've got a tank of similar dimensions that
      has been kicking round the field since the 90's and I've just
      started clearing ground to install it to catch rainwater from a
      tractor shed. Not that we particularly need water in the UK, but
      it's been in the way for so long that it had better start earning
      its keep.</p>
      was brilliant. The only difference I'll make is to put it on a
      concrete slab rather than plywood. The thought of trying to
      replace the plywood when the tank is full is not appealing...</p>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAJ8HLP-Q9gqONV_69_DrG0wHTAH4u11Mb06+bqV1hzQOdj+QoA@mail.gmail.com">
        as well as share ideas and methodology. How many of you produce
        videos from projects you do in YOUR shop?

moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMbhmna2iI</a><br>
          fire up iMovie and make them watchable.<br>
          has, though it is clearly too small (though much larger than
          what I have now).</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Shop-talk@autox.team.net";>Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>