Re: [Shop-talk] Fog and Driving Lights

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fog and Driving Lights
From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:55:43 -0400

--000000000000ade55405a48ba462

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 5:47 PM Jim Stone via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if such a relay exists?  If not, is there a simple
> circuit that would make a standard relay work as described?

 If I recall correctly, a pair of old VW headlight dimming relays would be
a period-correct solution.  Grounding the relay by pulling on the turn
signal lever would flip-flop the relay between high beam and low beam.  Or,
in your case, on or off.  The old relays had to have the headlights on to
power them, you would need to figure out how to remind yourself to turn the
lights off or use a relay on the ignition wire to control the power.

Or, use one of them high-falutin' electronic gadgets...

--000000000000ade55405a48ba462

tone via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";>shop-tal=
style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pa=
dding-left:1ex"><br>
Does anyone know if such a relay exists?=C2=A0 If not, is there a simple ci=
rcuit that would make a standard relay work as described?<br>
 VW headlight dimming relays would be a period-correct solution.=C2=A0 Grou=
nding the relay by pulling on the turn signal lever would flip-flop the rel=
ay between high beam and low beam.=C2=A0 Or, in your case, on or off.=C2=A0=
 The old relays had to have the headlights on to power them, you would need=
 to figure out how to remind yourself to turn the lights off or use a relay=
 on the ignition wire to control=C2=A0the power.<br><br>Or, use one of them=

--000000000000ade55405a48ba462--

--===============4492485555256488300==

--===============4492485555256488300==--