Re: [Shop-talk] Quick welding question- It's ok to use an 100% argon tan

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quick welding question- It's ok to use an 100% argon tank on it's side, correct?
From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 06:36:12 -0700

--------------A52C8778D39D8CB1701B50E4

 From the textbook used in my JC welding class, 'Modern Welding,' 11th
Edition:

"Gas cylinders should always be stored and used in an upright position."

No explanation given, but it was in safety-related text printed in red.
I wouldn't be comfortable using the bottle laying flat; if nothing else
the pressure and flow gauges--esp. the 'bubble' type flowmeter--may have
issues.

Bob

On 5/8/2020 5:25 AM, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
> I just wanted to double check that  it's ok to use an 100% argon tank
> on it's side.  Do I have that right?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?

--------------A52C8778D39D8CB1701B50E4

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    From the textbook used in my JC welding class, 'Modern Welding,'
    11th Edition:<br>
    "Gas cylinders should always be stored and used in an upright
    position."<br>
    No explanation given, but it was in safety-related text printed in
    red.  I wouldn't be comfortable using the bottle laying flat; if
    nothing else the pressure and flow gauges--esp. the 'bubble' type
    flowmeter--may have issues.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF77683C0A.19283559-ON85258562.00442490-85258562.00443DC7@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        that  it's
        ok to use an 100% argon tank on it's side.  Do I have that
        right?</font>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader">