Re: [Shop-talk] Driveway gates

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Driveway gates
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 05:56:21 -0700
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--00000000000092bf7005abd0728a

Hi Marty,

Could you just put a coupler on the end of the existing pipe in the ground
and then insert a short new length of pipe in the coupler to clear the
new layer of gravel?

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:52 AM marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a gravel driveway with swinging gates going back to the shop. There
> are two pipes driven into the ground that receive the drop rods on the
> gates when they are closed.  I need to add a few inches of gravel to the
> driveway and that would bury the pipes making them not very usable. Any
> ideas on home to gab these pipes and pull them up to match the new surface
> of the gravel?
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

--00000000000092bf7005abd0728a

on the end of the existing pipe in the ground and then insert a short new l=
ength of pipe in the coupler to clear the new=C2=A0layer of gravel?</div></=
 Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:52 AM marty sukey &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:trmarty@hotm=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204=
,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

:rgb(0,0,0)">
I have a gravel driveway with swinging gates going back to the shop. There =
are two pipes driven into the ground that receive the drop rods on the gate=
s when they are closed.=C2=A0 I need to add a few inches of gravel to the d=
riveway and that would bury the pipes
 making them not very usable. Any ideas on home to gab these pipes and pull=
 them up to match the new surface of the gravel?</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Thanks,</div>
:rgb(0,0,0)">