Re: [Shop-talk] Router for the garage

To: "'Robert Nogueirao'" <nogera@icloud.com>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Router for the garage
From: <alfuller194@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:25:54 -0400
On the 2.4/5 Ghz router I have [Arris brand], you can give the 2.4 a different
SSID from the SSID on the 5 Ghz band. If you give them separate names, the
smart plugs should only connect to the 2.4 side, and not drop.

A possible downside is if you have a mobile phone or other Wi-Fi client that
usually goes between the two, you may have to set it up on both, or on the one
you want it to connect to...

All the best,

Al Fuller