Re: [Shop-talk] Offset handle cutting tools

To: "shop-talk@autox. team. net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Offset handle cutting tools
From: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 14:20:15 -0600
--===============5035563053459981046==

------------175a98435062f0128bf67e32aa

I've had my entire roof foamed with closed cell.  I didn't bother the
workers during the installation because the supervisor assured me they'd
tarp everything, and there's a little smell if you're in the vapor while
it's being applied.  Imagine my delight when they not only got foam on
every possible surface, but used the stack of new 3/4 T&G fir plywood (that
was up there for me to install a floor when they finished) as their drop
cloths.  Still waiting for them to return and clean it up.  Not going to
happen.

I used my cheap Horrible Freight multi tool with the plain scraping blade
to clean off their mess from the plywood and joist tops and it's pretty fast.

PS 7 to 8 inches of closed cell foam under the roof is pretty much a
miracle as far as insulation.  Fire retardant, glues everything together,
keeps heat in and also summer heat out.  One thing - it's hard stuff and
thus NOT sound absorbent.  We actually hear the rain on the roof better
now.  Not a bad thing.

Karl

On November 8, 2020 12:43:18 PM Eric Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net> wrote:

> Browse some woodworking tool catalogs. They make flush cutting saws
> (some with offset handles, some with thin flexible blades) for tasks
> like cutting wooden pegs flush. Maybe that would work for you?
>
> Eric Russell
> Mebane, NC
>
> On 11/8/2020 12:02 PM, Thomas Coradeschi wrote:
>> So, I am looking for a holder for either single edge razor blades or
>> drywall knife blades which allows me to trim flush with some sort of an
>> offset handle. Iâ??ve look at the box store and Grainger websites, nothing
>> be found there.
>>
>> Hoping someone has some ideas!

------------175a98435062f0128bf67e32aa

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
didn't bother the workers during the installation because the supervisor as=
sured me they'd tarp everything, and there's a little smell if you're in th=
e vapor while it's being applied.&nbsp; Imagine my delight&nbsp;<span style=
=3D"font-size: 12pt;">when they not only got foam on every possible surface=
, but used the stack of new 3/4 T&amp;G fir plywood (that was up there for =
me to install a floor when they finished) as their drop cloths.&nbsp; Still=
 waiting for them to return and clean it up.&nbsp; Not going to happen.</sp=
ible Freight multi tool with the plain scraping blade to clean off their me=
ss from the plywood and joist tops and it's pretty fast.</div><div dir=3D"a=
 the roof is pretty much a miracle as far as insulation.&nbsp; Fire retarda=
nt, glues everything together, keeps heat in and also summer heat out.&nbsp=
; One thing - it's hard stuff and thus NOT sound absorbent.&nbsp; We actual=
ly hear the rain on the roof better now.&nbsp; Not a bad thing.</div><div d=
iv>
l@mebtel.net&gt; wrote:</div>
ex; border-left: 1px solid #808080; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
tting saws&nbsp;</div>
) for tasks&nbsp;</div>
 you?</div>
ex; border-left: 1px solid #0099CC; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
r blades or drywall knife blades which allows me to trim flush with some so=
rt of an offset handle. I=E2=80=99ve look at the box store and Grainger web=
sites, nothing to be found there.</div>
utox.team.net/archive</div>
/shop-talk/stearman809@gmail.com</div>

--===============5035563053459981046==--