[Shop-talk] Grease discovery

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Grease discovery
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 10:56:04 -0800

--00000000000052daa805bcf6df10

Hi guys,

I just wanted to pass along something that has made a huge difference for
my routine greasing needs, motorcycle chain lube, any kind, but this is
what I have been using:
https://www.chapmoto.com/maxima-chain-wax.html?sku=353-0558&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkejF_eme7wIV-CitBh2m2AmsEAQYBSABEgLF6_D_BwE

or just Google search on cheap motorcycle chain lube.

The ease of application (the spray tube), the ability to penetrate
assembled parts, the water resistance, stickiness, rust prevention, etc.,
really make it handy.

If you can get the tip of the spray tube in contact with the gap/opening,
it will foam into the gap, penetrate/disappear into the space, and stay
there.

I started using it to lubricate the manhole cover seals in my driveway
(they would rust) as it was a lot easier than lifting them off to grease
the seal. (the manhole covers would rust tight into the ring and make it
extremely hard to remove when necessary).

I then realized how well it worked to lube the wheels on my lawnmower
without taking the wheels off. I find that I will lube things more
regularly now because it is so convenient to do so without disassembly.

 It works great for exterior hinges, lubing your vise, control cables,
wheel bearings on the wheelbarrow, etc.

Now I would not use it for high speed wheel bearings or anything like that,
but for anything less intensive than a motorcycle chain and sprocket, I
think you will find that it really works well and is very convenient.

FWIW...

best,

Doug

--00000000000052daa805bcf6df10

g that has made a huge difference for my routine greasing needs, motorcycle=
=C2=A0chain lube, any kind, but this is what I have been using:</div><div><=
a href=3D"https://www.chapmoto.com/maxima-chain-wax.html?sku=3D353-0558&amp=
;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIkejF_eme7wIV-CitBh2m2AmsEAQYBSABEgLF6_D_BwE">https://w=
ww.chapmoto.com/maxima-chain-wax.html?sku=3D353-0558&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobCh=
div>or just Google search on cheap motorcycle=C2=A0chain lube.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>The ease of application=C2=A0(the spray tube), the ability to =
penetrate assembled parts, the water resistance, stickiness, rust preventio=
t the tip of the spray tube in contact with the gap/opening, it will foam i=
nto the gap, penetrate/disappear into the space, and stay there.</div><div>=
y driveway (they would rust) as it was a lot easier than lifting them off t=
o grease the seal. (the manhole covers would rust tight into the ring and m=
 then realized how well it worked to lube the wheels on my lawnmower withou=
t taking the wheels off. I find that I will lube things more regularly now =
iv><div>=C2=A0It works great for exterior hinges, lubing your vise, control=
div>Now I would not use it for high speed wheel bearings or anything like t=
hat, but for anything less intensive than a motorcycle=C2=A0chain and sproc=

--===============7589936830312633023==

--===============7589936830312633023==--