Re: [Shop-talk] stud removal

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] stud removal
From: Mike Sinclair <phoenix722@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 08:21:41 -0700

--------------D57A8349E7685A2AB64FB032

A lot to be said for penetrant and time. Mostly time.

Mike

On 4/7/2021 5:49 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
> 2 nuts work for me too. A dose of Kroil & time donâ??t hurt either.
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>

> On Apr 7, 2021, at 7:36 PM, Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> What are you guys using to remove studs?  I see various tools that have
> teeth that dig into the stud.  That is OK when you are replacing them, but
> sometimes you don't want them damaged.  I usually just lock two nuts together
> and remove that way.  I see some stud removal sets that essentially do the
> same thing.  Two parts lock together.  I'm not seeing the advantage to this.
> Nuts are a lot cheaper.  Am I missing something?
>
> -Steve T.

--------------D57A8349E7685A2AB64FB032

  <head>
  </head>
        Mostly time.<br>
      cite="mid:E0493F2C-4605-4300-AA7E-3E06A6A0991F@icloud.com">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">2 nuts work for me too. A dose of
Kroil &amp; time donâ??t hurt either.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Apr 7, 2021, at 7:36 PM, Steven Trovato <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
What are you guys using to remove studs?  I see various tools that have
teeth that dig into the stud.  That is OK when you are replacing them, but
sometimes you don't want them damaged.  I usually just lock two nuts together
and remove that way.  I see some stud removal sets that essentially do the same
thing.  Two parts lock together.  I'm not seeing the advantage to this.  Nuts
are a lot cheaper.  Am I missing something?

-Steve T.

</pre>

--------------D57A8349E7685A2AB64FB032--

--===============1201594215156763856==