[Shop-talk] Utility bodies for truck beds

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Utility bodies for truck beds
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 12:52:32 -0400 11/01/2021 12:52:33 PM, Serialize complete at 11/01/2021 12:52:33 PM
--===============8404494684036692123==

--=_alternative 005CB33C85258780_=

Groupthink-

Does anyone here have experience with utility bodies and how to know which
ones fit on what trucks?  Or if they are interchangeable?

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 dually with a long bed (8').  Many of the
utility bodies are listed as 9'.  Will they work?

Is the distance between the cab and axle (and between wheels) the only
real important measures?

I'm looking to put on a used bed (there are quite a few around that are
affordable.) but I don't know how to tell if they will work.

Is there a table to cross reference?

Or do you buy the body and 'fab up' any mounts?

I'm getting to the limit of my budget on this project and I want to find
affordable options.

Thanks!
--=_alternative 005CB33C85258780_=

utility bodies and how to know which ones fit on what trucks? &nbsp;Or
if they are interchangeable?</font>
with a long bed (8'). &nbsp;Many of the utility bodies are listed as 9'.
&nbsp;Will they work?</font>
Is the distance between the cab and axle (and between wheels) the only
real important measures?</font>
are quite a few around that are affordable.) but I don't know how to tell
if they will work.</font>
any mounts? </font>
on this project and I want to find affordable options. </font>

--===============8404494684036692123==--