[Shop-talk] Electrical question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Electrical question
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 08:46:05 -0500
My electric stove has always been wired direct from the cable.  I was
told that code now requires an outlet and a pigtail on the range.  The
romex cable has the 2 hot leads, a neutral and a bare ground wire.  I
bought a surface mount 50 amp 3 prong outlet, but there is no place for
a ground wire to connect.  For now, I bent the ground back on itself and
used the clamp to at least ground to the metal part of the outlet.  Is
this ok or should I have just clipped it off?  Thanks for any
expertise.  John Mitchell