Re: [Shop-talk] was tankless/instant water heater now slow hot water to

To: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com> 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.425,18.0.816,17.0.605.474.0000000 definitions=2022-01-18_01:2022-01-14_01,2022-01-18_01,2020-01-23_02 signatures=0 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 malwarescore=0 spamscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 bulkscore=0 mlxscore=0 suspectscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2009150000 definitions=main-2201250105
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] was tankless/instant water heater now slow hot water to fixture
From: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 10:45:36 -0600
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
This is off target from the OP.

Iâ??ve seen homes/shops where it can take minutes for hot water to reach a
fixture. One DIY fix for wasting water I ran across was to add a small pump,
check valve & a bit of control circuitry at the fixture. Plumb the pump & check
valve between the hot & cold lines so that when the pump runs it will transfer
water from the hot line to the cold line with the check valve keeping the cold
water from getting into the hot line.

Add a push button near the fixture that turns the pump on for either a preset
time or monitor the hot line & turn off the pump when hot water is present.

It still takes the same amount of time but it doesnâ??t waste water.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity