Re: [Shop-talk] HP M110we printer drivers

To: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HP M110we printer drivers
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 17:42:34 -0400
Too late to return it?

The specs mention a USB port as well as a network jack, but it also says :

"This printer is intended to work only with cartridges that have a new
or reused HP chip, and it uses dynamic security measures to block
cartridges using a non-HP chip. Periodic firmware updates will
maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that
previously worked. A reused HP chip enables the use of reused,
remanufactured, and refilled cartridges. More
at:http://www.hp.com/learn/ds "

This tells me that it wants to periodically update the
software/firmware,and constantly check that you didn't slip in an
off-brand cartridge by mistake, or that it just wants to fail at an
inconvenient time.  Probably not a way to get around that without some
real effort.  I have a Brother all-in-one that I like because it
doesn't have this feature. - even though I use authentic cartridges in
it.

(I had an Epson inkjet printer that would not print black and white if
it was out of color ink, even though the black cartridge was full.  I
have no use for stuff like that.)