Re: [Shop-talk] HP M110we printer drivers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HP M110we printer drivers
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com> please include it with any abuse report
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 10:25:07 -0700

--------------UHiusUC7cOfN7NtjnUZ3gSFK

  I have been using Keepass for a decade now.  Then because I started
using Mac OSX and Windows at work, went with KeepassX  which works on
all platforms.   I started using Strongbox on my iPhone because it reads
Keepass databases. My database is stored on Dropbox with a unique name
that wont make sense to anyone who gets access to my Dropbox and besides
the DB is encrypted with both a password and a keyfile (a small file
somwhere also on Dropbox with a odd name deep down in some
sub-dirs.      The reason I went with Strongbox is that it has a offline
access mode in read only so on my phone with no net access I still have
my passwords, like when on vacation in Europe. Strongbox does not work
on Windows however, so I keep using Keepass on Windows at work. Keepass,
KeepassX and Strongbox all use the same database.

  Stongbox on a mac is also integrated with the web browsers so you just
type in the strong box password and it inserts your user/pass combo in
the browser, really handy to not have passwords stored in the browser,
on Windows Keepass does not integrate so its one extra step but I feel
very secure.

  I like having a password and a keyfile for security, to open the
encrypted DB the app needs both password and the keyfile to open,  in my
case the keyfile is a word doc file for a recipe card, so no one would
figure it out that it is important (well there is probably a way, but
bigger fish out there).

     mike

On 6/22/22 9:54 AM, John T. Blair wrote:
> At 10:26 AM 6/22/2022, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
>
> >>I now have about 400 passwords, and I'm supposed to remember them?
>
> >I have a password system that allows me to create a unique password
> for each
> >site, but I can figure out what it is by the system if I have
> forgotten it.....
>
> My question about remembering the 400 passwords was actually
> rhetorical.  I too
> have a password program that encrypts the db.  I only need to remember
> it's password.
>
> The down side of this, is that I can't truely go moble (unless I use a
> laptop with the program and db installed) and do things like log into
> all the sites that require
> it. :)   But I can live with that.
>
> I just hate the fact that I have to have so many.  I probably only
> need 10 of them.
>
> John

--------------UHiusUC7cOfN7NtjnUZ3gSFK

  <head>
  </head>
      now.  Then because I started using Mac OSX and Windows at work,
      went with KeepassX  which works on all platforms.   I started
      using Strongbox on my iPhone because it reads Keepass databases.
      My database is stored on Dropbox with a unique name that wont make
      sense to anyone who gets access to my Dropbox and besides the DB
      is encrypted with both a password and a keyfile (a small file
      somwhere also on Dropbox with a odd name deep down in some
      sub-dirs.      The reason I went with Strongbox is that it has a
      offline access mode in read only so on my phone with no net access
      I still have my passwords, like when on vacation in Europe.
      Strongbox does not work on Windows however, so I keep using
      Keepass on Windows at work. Keepass, KeepassX and Strongbox all
      use the same database.</div>
      with the web browsers so you just type in the strong box password
      and it inserts your user/pass combo in the browser, really handy
      to not have passwords stored in the browser,  on Windows Keepass
      does not integrate so its one extra step but I feel very secure.</div>
      for security, to open the encrypted DB the app needs both password
      and the keyfile to open,  in my case the keyfile is a word doc
      file for a recipe card, so no one would figure it out that it is
      important (well there is probably a way, but bigger fish out
      there).<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:20220622165543.5425CA0DB8@autox.team.net">
        &gt;&gt;I now have about 400 passwords, and I'm supposed to
        remember
        them?<br>
        &gt;I have a password system that allows me to create a unique
        password
        for each <br>
        &gt;site, but I can figure out what it is by the system if I
        have
        forgotten it.....<br>
        My question about remembering the 400 passwords was actually
        rhetorical.  I too<br>
        have a password program that encrypts the db.  I only need to
        remember it's password.  <br>
        The down side of this, is that I can't truely go moble (unless I
        use a
        laptop with the program and db installed) and do things like log
        into all
        the sites that require <br>
        it. :)   But I can live with that.<br>
        I just hate the fact that I have to have so many.  I probably
        only
        need 10 of them.<br>
        John</font></blockquote>

--------------UHiusUC7cOfN7NtjnUZ3gSFK--