[Shop-talk] Lamp voltage

To: "shop-talk@autox. team. net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Lamp voltage
From: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 16:36:49 -0600
--===============4157586428636139218==

--184bb3c68ae61c32806267c29d

Shop content - as soon as I get the Christmas tree done I can go back to
the shop and work on something.

We have many strings of Christmas lights on the tree.  Almost all are 30
year old plus Silvestri 35-light series strings.  Silvestri calls for 3.5
volt replacement bulbs.  Replacement bulbs were getting scarce locally so I
ordered some from an Amazon seller, and some from a place that specializes
in hard to find items.  They're of two brands, all 3.5 volt for 35-light
sets.  Every one I install lights for a second and burns out immediately.
They don't look overly bright as if they were for a lower voltage.  Once
burned out the string still stays lit because they have the same jumper as
the originals.

What am I missing?

Thanks !
Karl

--184bb3c68ae61c32806267c29d

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
Shop content - as soon as I get the Christmas tree done I can go back to th=
We have many strings of Christmas lights on the tree.&nbsp; <span style=3D"=
font-size: 12pt;">Almost all are 30 year old plus Silvestri 35-light series=
 strings.&nbsp; Silvestri calls for 3.5 volt replacement bulbs.&nbsp; Repla=
cement bulbs were getting scarce locally so I ordered some from an Amazon s=
eller, and some from a place that specializes in hard to find items.&nbsp; =
They're of two brands, all 3.5 volt for 35-light sets.&nbsp; Every one I in=
stall lights for a second and burns out immediately.&nbsp; They don't look =
overly bright as if they were for a lower voltage.&nbsp; Once burned out th=
e string still stays lit because they have the same jumper as the originals=
ir=3D"auto">Karl</div>

--===============4157586428636139218==--