Re: [Shop-talk] wiring an LED tube

To: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] wiring an LED tube
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:58:13 -0600
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Sat, Mar 4, 2023 at 11:30â?¯AM Tim . <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com> wrote:

> I have some LED lights that I am finally installing to replace the last of my
> fluorescent tube fixture in my outside shop.
>
> Unfortunately, they do not come wired to a plug.
>
> Questions:
>
> Can I use the plugs from the old fluorescent fixtures? I assume I can even
> though the old plug wires are slightly larger gauge.
>
> How do I connect/match up the wires? The old plug has White, Black & Green.
> The new LED has Brown, Blue & Yellow/Green wires.
>
> I will be soldering the connections.
>
> Questions may seem basic or easy to most but I know next to nothing about
> wiring.

Send it back to Amazon, and buy something that's NTL listed.  the crap
unlisted fixtures amazon sells are low quality, inefficient, and
probably not actually intended for use in the US.   You will be
replacing the fixture in six months or a year, save the effort and
start with something decent.  (their vendors screw up and sell
something half decent occasionally, but why bother with taking a
risk?)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com