Re: [Shop-talk] Window lubricant

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Window lubricant
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 10:04:35 -0700
My suggestion is Wax.

From
https://www.weekand.com/home-garden/article/make-old-wooden-windows-slide-18033002.php

Candle wax is a go-to solution for windows that skip along in the sash
channel as you move them rather than smoothly opening and closing. With
the window in open position, rub candle wax or a block of paraffin along
the sash channels left and right of the window. The sash channel is that
area along which the frame glides. Close the window and rub wax on the
upper part of both channels. Repeat this process once a year or whenever
the windows seem like they need it.