Re: Andy Mace ???

To: "'Spitfire Mail List'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Andy Mace ???
From: "Lindsay, Mike" <LindsayM@fish.govt.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:59:09 +1200
Greeting listers,

Isn't it great to now have our very own spitfire list. Thanks Mark.

Allow me to pick a few of the learned minds out there.

I have found almost all the bits that will allow me to finish the
rebuild of my Mk III
spitty. (Softtop frame, bumpers front and rear, etc etc) I have finished
putting in new
floors and sills and am now getting stuck into stripping, straightening
and priming
the bonnet.

I was told that my Mk III was a 1969 model. However matching the comm nr
(FD 85873) to Joes list would indicate that she was in fact made in
1970. (thanks Joe)

The stern of my spitty seems to differ from most (all) other spitty
models.
in that she does not have a pair of reversing lights but a single
reversing light
in the centre above the number plate. I need to find the plinth that
this light
and the number plate lights are (were) attached to. I can not find a
part
listing for this plinth in any of the part catalogues that I have (BL
parts
catalogue, Rimmers, Kipping etc)

I suspect that this plinth is unique to the 1970 model. Correct?
Has anyone ever seen a parts listing for this plinth. Or will I have to
make one?
(Shouldn't be too difficult.)

Thanks all

Mike Lindsay