Re: spitfire engine mounts...

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spitfire engine mounts...
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:29:46 -0600
I just got done pulling the tranny out of my spitfire and there
wasn't more than a 1/4" or so gap after I pulled the drive shaft back
out of the way.  Its a tight fit but remember the transmission and
rearend on the spitfire are in a fixed location so there is no need
for a lot of end play.

> i don't think it would line up even if it's only 3.16ths...judging
> from the look under mine i have been taking getting rid of the last
> of the bailing wire that is holding up the exhaust..(the dpo was
> worse than the military)  so is probably just stuck  i would venture
> to guess.  like i said, it all fit's pretty tight

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)