Re: Spitfire grounding point

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire grounding point
From: "Revere W Gurley" <REEGURLEY@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:28:42 -0600
Kevin, I had a similar problem some time ago on my Spit.  I rather stupidly
started grounding all the components individually, which was eventually
effective but a lot of effort (and a lot of extra spaghetti under the dash,
too).  Only after I finished that multi-parted exercise did I notice a major
grounding connection on the firewall.  You might check on the engine-side of
the firewall near the solenoid and the windshield washer bottle (on the
vertical part not too far above the "shelf" that juts forward).  Mine has a
fairly husky black wire with a full-circle connector bolted into the
firewall with a bolt and star-washer.  It could be that paint and corrosion
at that point is the culprit.  I'm curious as to how you make out because I
never cleaned mine up inasmuch as everything by then was (and still is)
working fine with my various custom-spaghetti grounding-wires.

Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD
78 Spit FM73070U O