Rough running 80 Spitfire

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rough running 80 Spitfire
From: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:29:33 EST
Listers,
I have got the car running after putting in a new starter (twice) (was missing
the spacer), checking the wires to distributor (electronic) (wires going to
cei module).  I had found that the wires going to the module are shorting out.
Wiggled them and voila she starts!  But, she runs rough and backfires like a
banshee.  So loud the kids playing nearby jumped about 20 ft.  What I was
wondering is I have another distributor (Lucas 41271 B).  It has points etc.
I would like to upgrade this to electronic ignition but I'm not sure what this
is to.  For the record the engine number is FM133615UCE, body number 103007FM,
and vin number TFVDW6AT005136.  I know that the mechanical distributor is not
the original.  But it was in the car when I bought it.  Had it replaced with
electronic when I had replaced headers and weber setup for stock carb,
catalytic convertor, manifolds and exhaust.  I thought that maybe someone on
the list would know kit to use to upgrade the dist.
TIA
Nikki