Re: Running Doggy

To: Dave Simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Running Doggy
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:55:01 -0600
Hi Dave,

> Being no SU expert  the only thing I could suggest is checking the
> gaskets on the air filter for proper orientation,  Are you covering
> in some ports that need to be open?. FWIW   Glad to hear it is ready
> for the road.

That does bring up an interesting point.  The air cleaners themselves
have the one large opening, two bolt hole openings and two other
holes that I'm not sure what they are for.  The air cleaners that I
have new in the box yet did not come with any gaskets.  The cleaners
that are currently on the car did.  The gaskets have one of the
mysterious holes blocked off.  I didn't think much of it at the time
but now you've got me thinking.  Does anyone out there know what the
two extra holes are for?

Thanks

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)