Re:Parts Sources

To: spitlist@gte.net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Parts Sources
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:03:41 +0000
Joe,

Just this last week, I had installed on my GT6 four of the mini-light knock=
-offs
sold by Vickie Brit.  I thought the quality was quite good (very light, goo=
finish) and they certainly look the part.  The tire company which mounted m=
y new
tires on the rims was also impressed.  Said they had to add almost no wheel
weights to get the wheels balanced.

Besides, the price is right.  I got mine on sale over the winter for $100 p=
er
corner.  I'd prefer Panasports, but the wheels and tires would be worth mor=
than the car!

BTW, for those of you who recall my questions on tire selection for the GT6=
, I
installed 205/60VR13 Yokahama AVS Intermediates.  As several of you advised=
 me,
they DO fit (barely - quite close to the wheel-well mounted rear shocks) an=
they stick like crazy!!!  They're nearly identical in circumferance, but th=
ey
don't look at all stock - I've got mixed feelings about that.

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6