Re: Spitfire Fuel Line

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Fuel Line
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:39:30 -0600
I forgot to mention that I used the original "vented" gas cap from my
mk1.  I did have a problem with it siphoning with this combination
when I first put the car on the road but it turned out to be the cork
seal that the cap clamps down into.  I bought a replacement rubber
seal from John Kippings and that problem went away.

> Brad,  would plugging the vent line on the fuel tank cause it to
> create a suction in the tank a few minutes after being ran?  This
> could cause problems with your fuel supply.  Would it be better to
> create a custom vent (maybe with a one way check valve) for it?

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)