Re: Running real rough

To: GatesDavid@aol.com
Subject: Re: Running real rough
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:31:21 +0000
If your exhaust valve was not opening this is what would happen.
Compression... Fire ... no exhaust, compression.... Valve opens exhaust
goes out intake
Engin sucks in more petrol with the old exhaust.  And so on...

Looks to me like you may have burnt your intake valve, I would do a
compression test on
all the cylinders.  Pop some oil in the cylinders, and see if that
effects the reasults.
If it does it's the rings
If it don't it's the valvs.

Pop the head off, and try re-grinding the valves, and doing a
de-coke...  If you are realy un-lucky you may need new valves, but there
about 2 Pounds 50 each here.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot