Re: horns and seat rail resolution

To: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Subject: Re: horns and seat rail resolution
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 07:09:26 +0000
Even better get some phosphoric acid from your local chemist.  Then put
that on your rusty bits, fizz all the rust comes off, leaving clean
rustfree perfectly etched metal underneeth.  I would ask you chemist as
to what strength of acid to get, it's nasty stuff.

I have only used a rust-desolver product, which is like a phosphoric
acid jelly.

I also put the contacts for my car's electrical system in it. It cleaned
them up perfect.

There was also this water corroded wire that I needed to solder.  Black
all the way up.  The multicore soder with standad flux would not take to
it.  A dab of that stuff, and 10 minuets and it took instantly.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot