Re: kids these days

To: Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: kids these days
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 06:17:58 -0700 (PDT)
---Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com> wrote:
> my new wheels.  When I pulled up, there were some kids across the
street
> who stopped playing and ran over to look at the spit.  They were so
> enthusiastic and commented on what a cool car it was.  I was feeling
> pretty good about myself and answered what questions they had. Then
one
> of them asked how much I paid for my "Viper".  Without missing a
beat,

Reminds me of when I had my '71 MKIV out, in front of my house.  The
neighbor kid ran over, and asked me if it was a Mustang or Corvette.
My wife looks at him and says, "It's a Triumph Spitfire."  And he
says, I bet that thing goes fast!

Well, it will go _relatively_ fast once I get it back on the road...
err...  :-)

Speaking of that, I was underneath my Jeep on Sunday, changing the
oil, and happened to glance at the underside of the Spitfire.  I
noticed a fluid dripping out at a rather rapid pace, coming out of the
bottom of the trunk area.  After having a quick heart attack (no -
please - not the gas tank!), I found a punctured jug of water in the
trunk, in case of overheating.

Boy was I relieved!!

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, GA, USA
'71 MKIV Spitfire (Oiling the garage floor)

==
Roight!  I'll do you for that!