Sticky Brake piston

To: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sticky Brake piston
From: David Stevely <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 21:53:02 +0100
Hi folks,

I spent most of today rebuilding the brakes on my Spit and all went
extremely well except for one small problem.

On the right hand front caliper one of the pistons is sticky, if you
press the brake pedal the piston moves out OK, however when you try and
push it back in the piston has to tbe 'rocked' to make it move, I think
there must be too much clearance between the piston and the cylinder,
however there is no fluid leakage (at present).  Does anybody know of a
'simple' cure that doesn't involve splitting the brake caliper as I once
had to do on a previous rebuild.

Thanks in anticipation.