Re: Spitfire clutch job

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire clutch job
From: "Moorse,Jeffrey" <jeff.moorse@ABBOTT.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:53:46 -0500
The alignment tool is a dummy transmission shaft that aligns the Clutch=
 disk
hole to the pilot bearing in the crankshaft.  After they are still alig=
ned,
you may have to rotate the transmission shaft a little to get the splin=
es on
the disk and shaft to line up.  And yes, it often requires a little pus=
hing,
jiggling, and rocking.  None of this is easy while laying in a Spitfire=

footwell, either.

Jeff Moorse
Hurst, TX

owner-spitfires@autox.team.net on 08/11/98 10:05:41 AM