One more reason to Live Spitfires

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: One more reason to Live Spitfires
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:33:11 -0700
Today, I stopped at the auto supply store to pick up a coil for my
daughter's VW and when I got into my S10 Blazer, It wouldn't start.  I
determined that the starter must have given up after over 190,000 miles.

So I went back inside and bought a replacement $136.00 exchange (ouch)
I managed to get the Blazer started and got home and after letting it
cool down, I tore into it.  Getting the old starter out was like pulling
teeth.  I finally wrestled it out and after another half hour managed to
free the wiring from the solenoid.  Comparing the replacement, it was
obvious that it would not fit back on.  It was way too large.  I made
another trip to the auto parts store and got the correct one.  I finally
got it installed and it worked (thank God).  The whole thing took 2.5
hours.  Something that would have taken about 15 minutes in my Spit and
cost less than 50 bucks.

Joe Curry

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer