Re: Spitfire: Sagging doors

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire: Sagging doors
From: robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:15:16 -0400
Victor,

This is a problem that heppened to my old Dodge Dart, and here is how the
situation was eventually remedied.

New Jersey doesn't have the smoothest streets either.  When I noticed that
my Dart's door were sagging, I brought it to a friend of mine who was
working at a frame shop at the time.  To make a long story short, the
culprit turned out to be a combination of the vibration of the
road/slamming of the doors made the hinge adjusters work themselves, over
time, downward, making the door out of alignment.  In addition to that, the
sheetmetal in the door hinge area actually stretched, which made the
situation worse....

In my case, we just re-adjusted the doors, and the problem went away.
Now your Spit is 5 years younger than mine.  When I looked at the door jams
this past weekend, they seemed pretty solid and well-constructed, so I
would doubt that the sheet metal has stretched.  I would say that you
prolly just have slammed the doors a few times too often  :)  Try
re-hanging the doors first, and if that doesn't work, drive on out here to
NJ, and we can drop it by my friend's shop :)

Bob

"Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com> on 08/17/98 11:45:15 AM

Please respond to "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>