Re: Struggling

To: "David Stevely" <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Struggling
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:19:56 +0200
Dave,
I am sure there has been something on this on either the Spitfire or the
Triumph list, but I would check your ignition circuitry, especially the
condenser and the coil. I would replace the condenser first as they are
cheap, then see if you can borrow a coil to substitute for yours as a trial
if the replaced condenser doesn't sort the problem out. Are your points set
to the right gap?
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa
1966 Spitfire Mk2